Saugatuck Craft Butchery is an old-fashioned butcher shop with modern-day ideals. We are dedicated to only carrying pasture-raised meat from small, local farms that share our values of quality and sustainability. Our farm partners have been selected because of their shared obsession with producing all natural, humanely-raised and delicious meat, and we work closely with them to ensure that our rigorous standards are always met.
These standards include:
- Our farms are located within 150 miles of our Westport shop.
- The animals spend their entire lives on pasture and are never bought at market.
- Our farmers never feed their animals antibiotics, growth hormones or animal-by-products.
- Our steer and lamb are 100% grass-fed in season and grain-finished throughout the rest of the year.
- Our farmers feed their animals grain grown on the farm or purchased from a local farm co-op.
- Our animals graze on grass that is never treated with pesticides or herbicides.